Contact an emergency hospital ASAP and don’t feed your dog
- Contact the vet before travelling to ensure they are able to see your pet. They may also need to give you specific instructions. During your call, be sure to tell them what else is going on in addition to the diarrhea.
- In this case, it is the other symptoms you’ve selected that makes this an emergency (diarrhea is secondary to our main concern). Some regular hospitals may be able to treat your pet.
- Don’t feed your dog unless a vet says that it is ok to do so. Don’t take away their water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling your dog or their diarrhea, some causes of diarrhea can affect humans.
- Get a sample of the diarrhea if possible.