Contact your regular animal hospital ASAP to make arrangements
- If your regular veterinary hospital is open, contact them now. If they are closed, it is probably safe to wait until morning.
- Monitor your dog closely for any new symptoms or changes in behavior. If your dog shows any of the following symptoms, contact an emergency veterinary hospital right away:
- Lethargic or weakness
- Signs of pain or distress
- Distended (swollen) belly
- Cannot keep water down
- Do not feed your dog unless the vet advises otherwise. It may worsen the condition of your dog and may impact the results of X-rays if the vet recommends radiographs. Do not remove their water.
- If possible, collect a urine/fecal sample.
- If your dog is being treated with chemotherapy, gut problems may occur – contact your oncologist for further advice.