Contact an emergency hospital ASAP and don’t feed your dog
- Contact the vet before travelling to ensure they are able to see your pet. They may also need to give you specific instructions on handling and caring for your dog in the meantime.
- Some regular hospitals will be able to treat your pet.
- Do not feed your dog unless the vet advises otherwise. It may worsen the condition of your dog and may impact the results of X-rays if the vet recommends radiographs.
- Do not remove their water.
- If possible, collect a urine/fecal sample to bring to the vet.