Contact your regular veterinary hospital ASAP and collect a urine sample
- If your regular veterinary hospital is open, contact them now. If they are closed, it is probably safe to wait until morning. During your call, be sure to tell them what else is going on in addition to the excessive drinking.
- In this case, it is the other symptoms you’ve selected in combination that makes this a high priority situation
- Monitor your dog closely for any new symptoms or changes in behavior. If the dog becomes very lethargic or starts vomiting, contact an emergency veterinary hospital right away.
- Don’t take away your dog’s water. This will not help your dog, and depending on the underlying issue, may make it worse.
- Collect a urine sample (store in the fridge if not going immediately to the vets).