Contact an emergency hospital ASAP and don’t feed your dog
- Contact the vet before travelling to ensure they are able to see your pet. They may also need to give you specific instructions. During your call, be sure to tell them what else is going on in addition to the excessive drooling.
- In this case, it is the other symptoms you’ve selected in combination that makes this an emergency. Some regular hospitals may be able to treat your pet.
- Don’t feed your dog or take away their water unless the vet advises that it’s ok. This will not help your dog, and depending on the underlying issue, may make it worse.
- If your dog has a seizure or bloated abdomen, be careful as your dog may bite.
- If you suspect that your dog has ingested toxins or poisons, call the ASPCA Poison Control (available 24/7)