Contact your regular animal hospital ASAP and keep your dog quiet
- If your regular veterinary hospital is open, contact them now. If they are closed, it is probably safe to wait until morning.
- Monitor your dog closely for any new symptoms or changes in behavior. If your dog exhibits any of the following, contact an emergency veterinary hospital:
- Severe lethargy
- Increased thirst
- Coughing fits (especially if blood is produced)
- Keep your dog quiet and calm.
- Ensure your dog is safe while you arrange to get them to the vet – this means blocking off access to stairwells and removing nearby hazards.