Monitor your dog and take a video of their limp
- Contact your family veterinary practice right away if your dog develops any of the following: pain, can’t move around, won’t put weight on affected leg.
- Keep your dog quiet and calm (minimal exercise) – you want to prevent your dog from further aggravating the injury. Sometimes rest will resolve the issue.
- Be careful when handling your dog – the affected area is likely painful and they may bite.
- Make note of as many details as you can for your vet, as this will help them diagnose the situation:
- Which leg(s) are limping, and what specific area?
- Is it always the same leg, or different legs?
- Are there specific situations where they limp more?
- Taking a video of your dog’s limp is always a good idea – especially if the limp is intermittent.