Contact an emergency hospital ASAP and take a video of your dog’s limp
- Contact the vet before travelling to ensure they are able to see your pet. They may also need to give you specific instructions. Some regular hospitals may be able to treat your pet.
- Be careful when handling your dog – the affected area is likely painful and they may bite.
- Make note of as many details as you can for your vet, as this will help them diagnose the situation:
- Which leg(s) are limping, and what specific area?
- Is it always the same leg, or different legs?
- Are there specific situations where they limp more?
- Taking a video of your dog’s limp is always a good idea – especially if the limp is intermittent.