Contact your regular veterinary hospital ASAP to make arrangements
- If your regular veterinary hospital is open, contact them now. If they are closed, it is probably safe to wait until morning. During your call, be sure to tell them what else is going on in addition to the inappetence.
- In this case, it is the other symptoms you’ve selected in combination that makes this a high priority situation.
- Monitor your dog closely for any new symptoms or changes in behavior. If your dog starts vomiting or becomes very lethargic, contact an emergency veterinary hospital right away.
- If you are going to the vet soon (i.e. within 12 hours), do not feed your dog, as your vet may perform diagnostics that will yield better results if your dog has an empty stomach.
- If you won’t be going to the vet until the next day, you can encourage them to eat with a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken.