Contact your regular veterinary hospital and don’t let your dog irritate their hind
- Though not an urgent matter, the smell is unlikely to resolve on its own so you’ll need to contact your family veterinary hospital at your earliest convenience.
- Contact them right away if your dog develops any of the following signs:
- Becomes very painful
- Starts scooting (dragging rear along the ground)
- If the area starts bleeding
- If your dog is repeatedly licking at their hind end, put a cone on them to prevent them from traumatizing the area.