Contact your nearest emergency hospital and don’t let your dog lick their hind end
- Contact the emergency hospital before travelling to ensure they can see your pet. They may also need to give you specific instructions.
- During your call, be sure to tell them what else is going on in addition to the smelly hind end.
- In this case, it is the other symptoms you’ve selected in combination that makes this an emergency. Some regular hospitals may be able to treat your pet.
- Do not feed your dog unless the vet advises otherwise. Depending on the diagnostics the vet wants to run, it may be more useful if your dog has an empty stomach.
- If your dog is repeatedly licking at their hind end, put a cone on them to prevent them from traumatizing the area