Cloudiness in your dog’s eyes can be due to many serious issues, so any kind of home treatment or remedy should be checked with your veterinarian first. Your vet will either treat the cloudiness or recommend procedures for treating your dog for their underlying condition.
To arrive at a diagnosis for the underlying cause of your dog’s eye issues, your veterinarian may conduct the following:
- Medical history evaluation and physical examination
- Blood count, serum tests and diagnostics
- Ophthalmic examinations
- Analysis of cloudy fluid or eye discharge
- Eye ultrasound examination
- Bacterial culture of the infected cornea
Eye issues can be complex and difficult to properly diagnose, and in some cases your veterinarian may refer you to a veterinary ophthalmology specialist.